12 Secrets of a Purposeful Life
In this Issue…
I’ve always been told that if I don’t have a goal or a purpose set, then I surely won’t accomplish it. That’s the best way to let life pass me by.
In this week’s essay, Ken Pierce sets our feet on a course of discovering the secrets of living a purposeful life.
This is just a taste of what Ken gives us in his newsletter and website. Take a nibble.
“Find out who you are and do it on purpose.” ~ Dolly Parton
12 Steps for a Purposeful Life
What makes my work perhaps unique is that I use only the hard sciences as my primary reference as I work with people. By that I mean I use chemistry, physics, biology, cosmology, astronomy, geology, as my reference point for my work. These hard sciences study nature and uncover everyday some new aspect of nature, some law of nature. As we are part of nature, we must uphold those same laws. So I look for the application for those natural laws, applying laws to human nature.
Today I want to talk to you about: “A Dozen Secrets For A Purposeful Life.” I want to start by being very grounded. I want you to look around the room you’re in. I’ll look around the room I’m in……I see a chair, a wall, a window – objects in my room. I’m in there, too, of course.Look around your room. Notice the objects in your room. Notice each object has a purpose in being there, a function in being there – even the dirt on my floor, here, has a function. I pay a lady to come in and clean it every week. I pay her money to do that, and she supports herself that way. So the dirt on the floor in my office has purpose.
So, you and I are part of this room; we have a purpose in being here. We have a purpose in being on this earth right now. We have a purpose in the universe.
- Do you know your specific purpose?
- Can you put it in five to seven words?
Because if you can, then it will explain to you your entire past, present and your future. To learn more about uncovering your purpose and bringing balance to your life and work, check this out. Would you like to have that level of awareness in your life? Because that is entirely possible. Are you aware that we humans are the only animals that can think about our purpose? Analyze our purpose? Put our purpose in words? And, therefore, plan around our purpose? You’re a human. I can show you how to do that. Would you like to have more gratitude for your life? Would you like to appreciate this day more, just because you get to live it?Regardless of the weather, regardless of the economy, regardless of the challenges you face. Would you like to appreciate this day just because you are alive? That’s possible, too. I can show you how to do that. Imagine what that would do for your life. Imagine the impact it would have on all aspects of your life.
Life’s 4 Fundamental Questions
Do you know the questions that every human being must find an answer to? Here are the four questions:
•Where do I come from?
•Why am I here?
•Who am I?
•Where am I going?
These four questions are the foundation of every organized philosophy, every theology, every political party – and they’re the foundation of the human spirit. They are actually questions every person asks about themselves. So, imagine if you had answers to those questions that made sense to you. That explained your past, your present and your future. That’s possible. It is. I can show you that.
Welcome the pain and pleasure
Do you welcome both the pain and the pleasure of your life? We all want pleasure and want to avoid pain, but can we welcome both, can we see the value of both? That’s possible. That’s a level of awareness. That’s a law of nature? Imagine if you could honor both the pleasure and pain of your past. Honor the pleasure and pain of your present; therefore, you can anticipate and appreciate the pleasure and the pain of your future. Imagine the possibilities. Are you interested in living an inspired, committed, high-energy life? A life that society reveres….or our planet reveres. Take people like Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa, Steven Lewis – these people live, or lived, inspired committed lives. And society reveres them for it. They operate at a different level of awareness, of consciousness, and because they do, people call them inspired and they have inspiring impacts around the world. That’s possible for everybody, including you. Finally, do you know how engaging, purposeful activities can not only enhance your health, but extend your lifespan? Imagine, when we have purposeful activities to do everyday, it actually enhances our lives.
So the KEY POINTS TO REMEMBER are:
•Everything in the universe has a specific purpose, from a grain of sand to you.
• Everything, including you, is on purpose, but only humans can be conscious of their purpose.
• When you are on purpose consciously, you have gratitude for your life as it is.
• When you are on purpose consciously, you have certainty about life’s four fundamental questions.
• When you are purpose, you love both the pain and pleasure of your life.
• Consciousness of purpose is displayed by living an inspiring, committed and high-energy life.
• Purposeful people can often state their life purpose in 5-7 words, which explains to them every event in their entire life journey.
• There are specific questions which help you to uncover your purpose, when reviewed carefully and truthfully.
• Each person’s purpose is a manifestation of some form of love, and so contributes to our species’ evolution.
• Your purpose is a journey, and not a destination, and so will not be achieved in your life time; it is a bigger task than that.
• When you are consciously on your purpose, time and space collapse into a state of love for your life.
• Purpose people tend to extend their life span with their purposeful activities.
These are the kind of ideas that are explored on our website. Please take the time to check them out today.